I am excited to announce that I will be coaching the 9U Oaklandon Bombers for the 2021 season!
The Oaklandon Bombers will consider adding a 12th player if he can play catcher or pitch in the top half of our rotation. If you know of a player who might be interested, please contact Johnny at 607-279-4428 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are links to information about the 9U Oaklandon Bombers:
- Fee and Budget A detailed budget for the team including player costs, a breakdown of estimated expenses, and sponsorship opportunities.
- 9U Bombers Calendar The anticipated calendar for the 9U Bombers for the next year. This will give you an idea of what the schedule will look like for the team.
- Management and Expectation Basic information about how the team will be managed and expectations for coaches, players, and families.
- Location and Organization Where the Bombers are located and details about its parent organization, the OYO.
Here is some basic information about the team you might find useful:
- The player fee is $910. This covers insurance, hats, jerseys, pants, bat bags, facility rentals for winter training, field usage at Veterans Memorial Park, equipment, showcase games, and tournaments. This fee is one of the lowest you will find anywhere for a full time travel team.
- There will be a payment plan for the player’s fee. You will have a chance to make payments monthly.
- The Oaklandon Bombers baseball club is not a business and not trying to make money. It is part of the Oaklandon Youth Organization, a 501(c)3 not for profit. If you find businesses to sponsor the team, they will get a tax write-off and half the donation will go to your player’s fee. There will be incentive packages for sponsors based on donation levels.
- Kids are encouraged to play multiple sports for fun and physical development. Playing different sports makes kids better athletes and better athletes make better baseball players.
- Fall practices (September-October) are optional and winter practices (January-March) are recommended. Fall practices will be outside on a baseball field. Winter practices will be indoors at the Bat Cave and 84 Turf Sports. Safety precautions will be observed during practices and indoor activities.
- The season will begin in April and end in mid-July. We will play showcase games and 10 tournaments.
- The team will use a continuous batting order. All players bat and play in the field. No one sits out any game.
- Each player will learn how to pitch correctly. We use the pitching systems created by Tom House and Ron Wolforth to teach players how to throw safely, increase velocity, and improve command.
- Pitch counts will be used to keep arms safe and healthy. Kids should not be throwing with pain. You might be surprised how often travel baseball coaches abuse the arms of children in an effort to win a game.